Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Allowing the well to fill up again

So, what am I doing here, when I really ought to be busy working on the revision of Warming Up?

Of course, none of us can stay focused on any one project for an extended amount of time, without experiencing a break in the train of thought every now and then. That is when I will come here, allowing the well to fill up again.

In these blogs, I will vent the trials and tribulations of my writing experience as a whole.

Apparently, I am one of those who need to have at least two or three projects going on at once. That way, when my thoughts fall silent on one project, I can move on to another. I imagine this blog will be the place where it all intersects, where readers may become tormented to death by my rambling about all sorts of things.

Every now and then, I’ll just come in here and babble my brains out, until I become disgusted enough with myself to go back to work on more important projects.

Current works in progress include On Various Subjects: A Collection of Miniature Essays and Dialogues (similar in design to the latter portion of the published synopsis version of Warming Up, but inclusive of my essays on everything from political consumerism to squirrel feeding); The Eternal Internal Conflict (basically an argument with myself); and, of course, a revision of Warming Up at the Ramada: A Hermit’s Memoir.

Besides, it’s nice to have a place to come and do my thing with nobody watching, where I can waste as many words as I want and no one will criticize me for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment